6. Extending Numba¶
This chapter describes how to extend Numba to make it recognize and support additional operations, functions or types. Numba provides two categories of APIs to this end:
- The high-level APIs provide abstracted entry points which are sufficient for simple uses. They require little knowledge of Numba’s internal compilation chain.
- The low-level APIs reflect Numba’s internal compilation chain and allow flexible interaction with its various layers, but require more effort and experience with Numba internals.
- 6.1. High-level extension API
- 6.2. Low-level extension API
- 6.3. Example: an interval type
- 6.3.1. Extending the typing layer
- 6.3.2. Extending the lowering layer
- 6.3.3. Using it
- 6.3.4. Conclusion